Crossed roller rails, or crossed roller bearings are low profile, high precision rail sets that help support and guide equipment with high loads in a linear fashion with high accuracy, high repeatability, and low friction. Also available in V roller guides with V shaped needle roller cages for even high loads in the same footprint, or with Anti friction coated rails to negate the need for roller cages for particularly harsh or dirty environments.
As specialists in linear motion systems we offer you a choice of materials and sizes. So whether you need lightweight aluminium rails for use in aviation applications or stainless steel components for when exposure to water or corrosive chemicals is a factor, our knowledgable technical engineers are always on hand to provide assistance.
Make sure you request a free Linear Motion Handbook here and utilise our free CAD to help you save time planning your projects.
Inaccurate assembly or machining of surfaces will lead to low accuracy and cage creep which affects system reliability and life.
High speeds or off -set loads, high levels of vibration can cause cage creep.
These function to prevent the cage falling out. They are not designed as end stops. If this is required it should be designed into your system.
Ensure structure is rigid and machined accurately
All burrs, dents, dust, etc. on the table and base need to be reduced.
Pre-load adjustment; too much preload can cause damage & reduced life. We recommend to used no or a small amount of pre-load.
1. Apply a low viscosity oil on contact surface, fix rail (1,2 & 3) lightly.
5. Move the table to one end and adjust pre-load screw slightly.
2. Temporarily fix the rail in adjusted side (4)
6. Move table to the other end and repeat.
3. Disassemble end screw from one end, and carefully insert roller retainer to nearly the centre of the rail.
Replace the end screw.
Slowly move table back and forth to the rail end, and adjust roller retainer position to rail centre.
7. Return the table back to centre and lock the preload adjusting screw slightly. Adjust the clearance of table to zero. For fi nal adjustment of preload, set correct torque value with a torque wrench and prepare to lock the rail fixing screw.
4. Fix gauges both in centre and the side of the table.
8. Finally surely lock the rail.
0 : Loading on to pre-load adjusting screw
X : Loading off to pre-load adjusting screw
Standard cross roller rail sets
L1000 & L1001
Deep groove and anti-creep rail sets
L1002 + L1003
Needle roller rail sets
Anti-friction coated rail sets
L1005 & L1006
We are entering the next phase of our relocation to a larger factory in Chichester, West Sussex. The next few weeks will see products start to be moved from our current site in Cranleigh, Surrey to the new warehouse.
There are thousands of parts to be relocated and whilst we are doing our best to ensure a smooth transition, this may cause slight delays to some shipments.
We expect to be have all parts relocated and full production capability for our new 35,000ft² facility running by mid-March. Thank you for your understanding.Continue to Website