Crossed roller rails, or crossed roller bearings are low profile, high precision rail sets that help support and guide equipment with high loads in a linear fashion with high accuracy, high repeatability, and low friction. Also available in V roller guides with V shaped needle roller cages for even high loads in the same footprint, or with Anti friction coated rails to negate the need for roller cages for particularly harsh or dirty environments.
As specialists in linear motion systems we offer you a choice of materials and sizes. So whether you need lightweight aluminium rails for use in aviation applications or stainless steel components for when exposure to water or corrosive chemicals is a factor, our knowledgable technical engineers are always on hand to provide assistance.
Make sure you request a free Linear Motion Handbook here and utilise our free CAD to help you save time planning your projects.
Inaccurate assembly or machining of surfaces will lead to low accuracy and cage creep which affects system reliability and life.
High speeds or off -set loads, high levels of vibration can cause cage creep.
These function to prevent the cage falling out. They are not designed as end stops. If this is required it should be designed into your system.
Ensure structure is rigid and machined accurately
All burrs, dents, dust, etc. on the table and base need to be reduced.
Pre-load adjustment; too much preload can cause damage & reduced life. We recommend to used no or a small amount of pre-load.
1. Apply a low viscosity oil on contact surface, fix rail (1,2 & 3) lightly.
5. Move the table to one end and adjust pre-load screw slightly.
2. Temporarily fix the rail in adjusted side (4)
6. Move table to the other end and repeat.
3. Disassemble end screw from one end, and carefully insert roller retainer to nearly the centre of the rail.
Replace the end screw.
Slowly move table back and forth to the rail end, and adjust roller retainer position to rail centre.
7. Return the table back to centre and lock the preload adjusting screw slightly. Adjust the clearance of table to zero. For fi nal adjustment of preload, set correct torque value with a torque wrench and prepare to lock the rail fixing screw.
4. Fix gauges both in centre and the side of the table.
8. Finally surely lock the rail.
0 : Loading on to pre-load adjusting screw
X : Loading off to pre-load adjusting screw
Standard cross roller rail sets
L1000 & L1001
Deep groove and anti-creep rail sets
L1002 + L1003
Needle roller rail sets
Anti-friction coated rail sets
L1005 & L1006
We are pleased to say our products have never been so popular; we are experiencing unprecedented levels of demand.
Unfortunately our normal levels of customer service and timescales for despatch are being impacted. We are making every effort to bring despatch times back to normal levels, and would ask you to bear with us while we integrate and train new staff.
Currently despatch of in-stock parts are running at 48 to 72 hours from receipt of order - if you do have goods requiring most urgent delivery, we would ask you to contact us with your express requirements and we will do our best to accomodate your requirements.
Many thanks for your continued business