Lead Screws and Ball Screws
Our range of lead screws in steel and AISI 316L stainless are held in stock in a variety of lengths and diameters. Our lead screws are stocked in 3m lengths and can be cut down to suit specific requirements.
- Produced with controlled straightness to ensure high accuracy.
- We provide machining to drawings and to suit fixed and floating bearings.
- Longer lengths available on request.
- Multi start lead screws only available in steel.
Automotions popular ranges of bronze nuts are supplied in flanged, cylindrical and square versions and can also be supplied with fixing holes. Bronze nuts are tailored for manual or powered applications at medium/low rotation speeds under load.
- For use with steel or stainless lead screws.
- Sizes vary depending on thread size.
- Click on the range button to view these products
We stock a large range of steel nuts that are ready for next day delivery which include cylindrical, square and hexagonal nuts.
- They are used as a fixing nut or for manual movements where the load is not important.
- The use of steel/steel is not suitable for applications involving a motorised motion.
- Stainless cylindrical nuts are stocked in various sizes and are suited to environments where corrosive chemicals are used.
- Flanged plastic nuts are available for applications that have a high usage. The extra length of these lead screw nuts greatly reduces wear and they are also self-lubricating.
- Cylindrical Nylon Nuts for the manual or powered control applications sold by Automotion Components. They reduce noise level on machines and can be used without lubrication.
These specially designed bearing mounts are suitable for both ball screws and lead screws. We can provide machining to the screws to suit the bearings and supply both fixed and floating supports for an accurate application. A variety of fixing style bearing mounts are available.
Stainless Steel 416 and Aluminium Precision Lead Screws are higher accuracy than our commercial lead screws and are provided in a greater range of "leads" (amount travelled per complete turn)
- 416 series stainless steel has the highest machinability of any stainless steel. It is a martensitic grade and is magnetic.
- They are available with round, rectangular, or anti-backlash nuts
A ball screw is a mechanical linear actuator that translates rotational motion to linear motion with little friction. Due to them being made to close tolerances they are suitable for high precision applications.
- Lack of sliding friction between the nut and screw ensures an extended lifespan, and reduces downtime for maintenance and part replacement.
- Ball screws can operate with some pre load which eliminates backlash between input and output.
Ball Screw nuts contain miniature ball bearings which roll around the thread of the Ball Screw to aid movement. These are suitable for applications that require high load or high precision due to their contact with the screw.
- Customers should be careful when placing the Ball Nut on the screw and should use the sleeve provided.
- To ensure long lifetime, care is needed to avoid contamination with dirt and abrasive particles.